FANDOM


  • i personally think she's a bitch because first she doughted Yang when she was framed, then she left without saying goodbye after Yang lost an arm trying to save her and finally it turned out she had no reason to do that because the white fang did'nt know where she was. she basically made Yang feel useless giving her plenty reason to hate her!

      Loading editor
    • so she's a bitch for having trust issues and a a panic attack after her ex boyfriend threatened to murder anyone close to her?

        Loading editor
    • The anon is a troll.

        Loading editor
    • I disagree with some of her actions and attitudes, but I can understand her motivations generally.

        Loading editor
    • i mean, the white fang did'nt know her location until volume 4.

        Loading editor
    • p.s. it was when she practically screwed herself by going to menagerie!

        Loading editor
    • Blake didn't know that. She didn't want to risk it and actrd swiftly and rashly in her fear.

        Loading editor
    • A moment of your time, please. I'm going to have to ask you to change the title a bit...granted this place isn't the most pg rated location on the internet but we do try to be as welcoming to newcomers as possible.

      Would you kindly change the thread title to something less profane, like "I hate Blake with a fiery passion", less I'll have to censor the word bitch myself?

        Loading editor
    • Cryptidhunter1 wrote:
      i personally think she's a bitch because first she doughted Yang when she was framed

      I think she stated at least her reasons for needing to be sure at that moment.

      Besides, once Yang said she was innocent Blake trusted her without any more questions.

      , then she left without saying goodbye after Yang lost an arm trying to save her

      True enough. She could've said she needed to leave, left a message of some sort or something.

      Leaving without any words at all was just dickish. Even if she didn't say anything so they wouldn't go looking for her to help her, she could've waited until Yang at least regained consciousness.

      and finally it turned out she had no reason to do that because the white fang did'nt know where she was.

      What are you talking about? If you mean the WF currently, after 6 months, not knowing where she was, then it fails as an argument for her actions 6 months prior.

      she basically made Yang feel useless giving her plenty reason to hate her!

      She didn't make Yang feel useless. But did hurt their friendship.

        Loading editor
    • Cryptidhunter1
      Cryptidhunter1 removed this reply because:
      yes
      22:13, January 31, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • MiniDaggers wrote:
      Blake didn't know that. She didn't want to risk it and actrd swiftly and rashly in her fear.

      she is as good at planning ahead as the aliens in signs!

      p.s. incase you never saw the movie they die with water and decided to attack earth.

        Loading editor
    • Much oblidged

        Loading editor
    • Cryptidhunter1 wrote:

      MiniDaggers wrote:
      Blake didn't know that. She didn't want to risk it and actrd swiftly and rashly in her fear.

      she is as good at planning ahead as the aliens in signs!

      TBF She just faced her potentially abusive ex-boyfriend not long before. She acted pretty rashly, hard to blame her though. Plus it is in character for her to think running away is the solution.

      Just glad Sun should be helping her away from that outlook, giving it to her straight in the recent episode.

        Loading editor
    • Cryptidhunter1 wrote:
      MiniDaggers wrote:
      Blake didn't know that. She didn't want to risk it and actrd swiftly and rashly in her fear.
      she is as good at planning ahead as the aliens in signs!

      p.s. incase you never saw the movie they die with water and decided to attack earth.

      Sorry a teenager who was attacked by her abusive ex and was forced to watch her best friend get mutilated by said ex wasn't of a calm and analytical mind.

        Loading editor
    • Is a miracle she wasn't catatonic after all that

        Loading editor
    • Arkantos95 wrote:

      Sorry a teenager who was attacked by her abusive ex and was forced to watch her best friend get mutilated by said ex wasn't of a calm and analytical mind.

      I think Mutilated is kind of a hyperbole there.

        Loading editor
    • She had her hand cut off, I think it fits nicely

        Loading editor
    • SomeoneYouUsedToKnow wrote:

      Arkantos95 wrote:

      Sorry a teenager who was attacked by her abusive ex and was forced to watch her best friend get mutilated by said ex wasn't of a calm and analytical mind.

      I think Mutilated is kind of a hyperbole there.

      Well it is technically correct. And we all know:

      Cliche technically correct
        Loading editor
    • IMG 0304
        Loading editor
    • SomeoneYouUsedToKnow wrote:
      Arkantos95 wrote:

      Sorry a teenager who was attacked by her abusive ex and was forced to watch her best friend get mutilated by said ex wasn't of a calm and analytical mind.

      I think Mutilated is kind of a hyperbole there.

      Not according to Dictionary.com.

      mutilate [myoot-l-eyt]


      verb (used with object), mutilated, mutilating.


      1. to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts: Vandals mutilated the painting.


      2. to deprive (a person or animal) of a limb or other essential part.

        Loading editor
    • IMG 0360
        Loading editor
    • ..................So you are admitting it is technically correct, Ark?

      EDIT: Oh wait, you're talking to me.......shit, nevermind.

      That said, according to Oxford Dictionary, it's simply inflicting a violent and disfiguring injury. Which is less "actually correct" and more "technically correct" for this case.

        Loading editor
    • The Merriam-Webster offers these meanings:

      1: to cut up or alter radically so as to make imperfect <the child mutilated the book with his scissors> <a painting mutilated by vandals>

      2: to cut off or permanently destroy a limb or essential part of : cripple <His arm was mutilated in the accident.>

      Also, I think that looking at the Origin of mutilate according to the Oxford Dictionary is something that needs to be done:

      Origin

      Early 16th century: from Latin mutilat- maimed, mutilated, lopped off, from the verb mutilare, from mutilus maimed.

        Loading editor
    • bookmarking

        Loading editor
    • 73.Anon.52 wrote:
      bookmarking

      You know you can click the follow button at the top of the chain, right?

        Loading editor
    • He bookmarks his place so he knows where he's read to in case of wiki shenanigans when he comes back later.

        Loading editor
    • ooooookay. seems kind of odd to me but meh.

        Loading editor
    • Plus I don't really see this thread hitting the post limit.

        Loading editor
    • I've had multiple cases where I've come in late to a thread, followed but not commented, and come back hours later to find that my notifcations take me to the latest comment, not the first of the ones I haven't read.

        Loading editor
    • Cryptidhunter1 wrote:
      finally it turned out she had no reason to do that because the white fang did'nt know where she was.

      But... they knew she was in Vale. Adam saw her while attacking Beacon, and Adam is a high-ranking member of the White Fang who can apparently give orders. Of course she left Vale, because the White Fang did know that she was there. And she had to go further than just leaving Vale, otherwise they could've just spread out looking for her.

      She went to Menagerie to apologize to her parents and try to mend things with them. Her decision to go to Menagerie wasn't a stupid one, considering that, from the way she and Sun reacted, she didn't know there were White Fang members stationed in Menagerie. There was no way for her to know that she would be found there.

        Loading editor
    • Phantomlink959 wrote:
      73.Anon.52 wrote:
      bookmarking
      You know you can click the follow button at the top of the chain, right?

      I actually didn't remember that, but I bookmark not just for Wiki shenanigans but because sometimes I don't follow up immediately, or when I do I have 7 or 8 posts that are larger than the screen and I still don't have time to read all that shit, so I'd rather have a spacer I ensure I have time to read to, then look at the scroll bar to measure how far that is compared to the rest of it to see if I have time to read more.

        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote:
      Cryptidhunter1 wrote:
      finally it turned out she had no reason to do that because the white fang did'nt know where she was.
      But... they knew she was in Vale. Adam saw her while attacking Beacon, and Adam is a high-ranking member of the White Fang who can apparently give orders. Of course she left Vale, because the White Fang did know that she was there. And she had to go further than just leaving Vale, otherwise they could've just spread out looking for her.

      She went to Menagerie to apologize to her parents and try to mend things with them. Her decision to go to Menagerie wasn't a stupid one, considering that, from the way she and Sun reacted, she didn't know there were White Fang members stationed in Menagerie. There was no way for her to know that she would be found there.

      Menagerie is the heartland of the faunus population why would they not be there! she could have looked for info before going!

        Loading editor
    • She probably figured that they wouldn't dare attack her if she was with Ghira.

        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote:
      Cryptidhunter1 wrote:
      finally it turned out she had no reason to do that because the white fang did'nt know where she was.
      But... they knew she was in Vale. Adam saw her while attacking Beacon, and Adam is a high-ranking member of the White Fang who can apparently give orders. Of course she left Vale, because the White Fang did know that she was there. And she had to go further than just leaving Vale, otherwise they could've just spread out looking for her.

      She went to Menagerie to apologize to her parents and try to mend things with them. Her decision to go to Menagerie wasn't a stupid one, considering that, from the way she and Sun reacted, she didn't know there were White Fang members stationed in Menagerie. There was no way for her to know that she would be found there.

      But why would she reveal herself to the WF when her goal was to get away from them?

        Loading editor
    • The bottom line is Blake doesnt think things through and acts on her emotions which causes her to make stupid decisions. Especially the whole "running away from your problems" crap. She ran away from Adam without an explanation and when they reunited he dedicated to making her life miserable. So what does she do with Yang? She ran away again because that worked so well last time. She also runs away from who she is during Volume 1-3 with the whole bow thing. Which when you think about makes no sense since 1) Faunus discrimination really doesnt exist in this world since M&K think that Velvet and Cardin are enough evidence for an actual racist conflict 2) No other Faunus in Vale hid their animal traits

        Loading editor
    • Cryptidhunter1 wrote:

      Menagerie is the heartland of the faunus population why would they not be there! she could have looked for info before going!

      Again, Blake someone who used to LIVE in Menagerie, was SURPRISED that White Fang members were there.

      From this, we can assume that the White Fang didn't USED to be there.

      White Fang HQ is in Mistral, not Menagerie, and the White Fang dedicates their time to fighting for equality, which they don't need to do in Menagerie. So, why would she assume they would be there? They're not needed there.

      It seems like the job that Menagerie's branch of the White Fang has is to keep Ghira and the citizens of Menagerie in the dark about what the White Fang has really been up to, considering Ghira didn't know about the White Fang's involvement in the Fall of Beacon, despite the fact that enough people knew for Vale's news to report about Adam being there.

        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote:
      Cryptidhunter1 wrote:

      Menagerie is the heartland of the faunus population why would they not be there! she could have looked for info before going!

      Again, Blake someone who used to LIVE in Menagerie, was SURPRISED that White Fang members were there.

      From this, we can assume that the White Fang didn't USED to be there.

      Which changes absolutely nothing. It's been years since she left Menagerie, she has experienced first-hand how extremist and active the WF has gotten worldwide, and knows that Menagerie is the Number 1 Faunus area in the entire world.

      Anyone with half a brain would at least expect some WF members to be there.

      Blake being surprised of WF presence in Menagerie is like if someone went to a graveyard and was surprised by seeing a corpse.

        Loading editor
    • SomeoneYouUsedToKnow wrote:

      Blake being surprised of WF presence in Menagerie is like if someone went to a graveyard and was surprised by seeing a corpse.

      ... Wouldn't all corpses be buried in a graveyard? Even if for whatever reason it is still close to the surface, it'd still be in a coffin?

      What kinda shitty kept graveyards have you been to that presumably have dug up and lazily robbed graves leaving exposed open or non-present coffins still there?

        Loading editor
    • MiniDaggers wrote:

      ... Wouldn't all corpses be buried in a graveyard? Even if for whatever reason it is still close to the surface, it'd still be in a coffin?

      What kinda shitty kept graveyards have you been to that presumably have dug up and lazily robbed graves leaving exposed open or non-present coffins still there?

      Eh, wrong word choice.

      My point was, if you go to a graveyard, a place generally filled with dead people, you shouldn't be surprised if you do see a dead person there in some manner (a coffin, for example).

      In this case, Blake went to the place filled with Faunus. Considering everything else about the White Fang, she shouldn't have been surprised to see a pair of members there.

        Loading editor
    • She probably figured the White Fang would be busy terrorizing humanity everywhere else in the world, rather than hanging around where there are no unjust humans to fight. Like I said, the White Fang aren't really needed on Menagerie.

      That's not to say you shouldn't expect them to visit to see friends and family, but she probably figured they wouldn't actually be there on official White Fang business, having meetings with her father.

        Loading editor
    • Menagerie seems like a good place to recruit members too.

        Loading editor
    • if yang in the show forgives Blake without showing any anger whatsoever i'll immediately call bullshit! cause i think they're ignoring the detail she left without a word.

        Loading editor
    • They really didn't, at least not in V3.

        Loading editor
    • Blake may have made bad decisions at multiple times, but it was the fear that someone else might hurt himself by his past, she had no choice, his actions are justified. I as a fan admire this character.
      
        Loading editor
    • Why are you referring to Blake as he?

        Loading editor
    • Phantomlink959 wrote:
      Why are you referring to Blake as he?

      I?

        Loading editor
    • Also giving yourself kudos is considered to be in bad taste.

        Loading editor
    • Martagd is translating from Spanish to English, a few words get shuffled in translation. It's been very interesting in Romania to hear he and she be inverted by people trying to speak English, and it's probably a bit of the same thing going on in this scenario as well.

        Loading editor
    • Ok 

        Loading editor
    • Ah, fair enough.

        Loading editor
    • SpiritedDreaming wrote:
      Martagd is translating from Spanish to English, a few words get shuffled in translation. It's been very interesting in Romania to hear he and she be inverted by people trying to speak English, and it's probably a bit of the same thing going on in this scenario as well.

      Sorry I do not know English so the translator is my only source of translation. Probably my English sounds weird.

        Loading editor
    • It's pretty passable actually, the inverted pronouns just threw me off a bit.

        Loading editor
    • Thanks!

        Loading editor
    • Another thing that didn't make sense is that Adam could find Yang if it were real life, he has connections due to being a high ranking member in a terrorist organization. He could kill Yang without Blake being there cause he's an asshole. this is as well thought out as a shamalan film.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think it's so much that he couldn't find Yang, he probably just didn't bother to find Yang. He had already done what he wanted - hurt Blake by hurting someone she cares about right in front of her. He had other business to attend to, and when he was done with Beacon, it was time to regroup and start planning their next move in Mistral.

        Loading editor
    • Besides, I'm pretty sure he'd want Blake to know he did it, so he's more likely to go after those she's with, as well as targets of opportunity.

        Loading editor
    • People are still responding to this? Has it not been made clear that the OP is a troll?

        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote:
      I don't think it's so much that he couldn't find Yang, he probably just didn't bother to find Yang. He had already done what he wanted - hurt Blake by hurting someone she cares about right in front of her. He had other business to attend to, and when he was done with Beacon, it was time to regroup and start planning their next move in Mistral.

      Adam was ready to kill as seen when he tried to cut Blake's head off, if it weren't for the shadow clone last minute, she would have been dead.

        Loading editor
    • Because they don't know how to write her character. 

        Loading editor
    • 4.35.14.90 wrote:
      Because they don't know how to write her character. 

      Totally agree. RT are going in circles with Blake's character - like they have nothing to say exept "Blake is running from her problems but she will endure one day". I really have the feeling that they have no idea what do do with her character development.

      I have to say that I really didn't like the way Miles&Kerry wrote the final conversation between Blake and Sun near the end of V4. The dialogues themselves were fine, but the whole culmination came out of nowhere and got nowhere. Same with Blake being always a part of duet - and never holding her problems on her own: she had more prerequisires for staying lonely for some time (to put herself together) than anyone from RW_Y had - but she never manages to stay alone because of plot.

      I think that she has to realise some things by herself. Not being pushed by Adam, Yang and Sun. She has to finally manage to stand on her own two feet - but she'll never do, if she is going to be guided the whole way. 

        Loading editor
    • Bad habits are hard to fix after a single attempt, and in Volume 3, she saw Adam effortlessly dismember the arguably strongest member of her team. If he can take down Yang in a single move, what chance do the others have against him? Of course she was afraid for their safety.

      The culmination didn't come out of nowhere. It came out of Sun getting injured, Blake telling him "That's why, damn it! You just proved me right!", and Sun telling her "Wow, you're being an idiot, here's what I mean by that." And now, instead of running or hiding, Blake has decided to stand and fight and take back the White Fang. Even with Ilia begging her to leave Menagerie "before it's too late", Blake outright refuses to leave, telling her "You're going to have to make me." That line right there seems like "I'm not gonna run anymore".

        Loading editor
    • Ok i do remember reading that RT says she's the hardest character for them to write for. And it's called character development. She USED to run and hide from her problems but now she sees what that does to those around her and has decided to do what she should have done in the first place.

        Loading editor
    • Well many here say that Blake's behavior towards Yang and her team was scathing because she was out of her mind. Maybe she was not, she fears that Adam is going to hunt down her friends and beloved ones, so the actually best way to protect them is to hurt them and build up distance towards them. When her friends hate her and she has no contact with them the only one who knows who is important for her (as long as no one is reading her mind) is herself. The problem with her parents in this case is that her parents are actually very caring, so whatever she does to them they will never stop loving their daughter. In this case the only solution is to stay with them and focus on their protection, because she doesen't have to worry about the friends she already pushed away from her.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message