|Members of this wiki gave feedback on a previous version of the above video's script. Any inaccuracies in the new version are not approved of by members of this wiki. Additionally, the above video may be out of date.|
STRQ graduated from Beacon Academy prior to the events of the series. Qrow reveals that they were rather well-known during their time at Beacon, suggesting a similar reputation and record of accomplishments as the team two of their children (Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long) would be a part of.
After Team STRQ first formed, Taiyang and at least one other member, likely Summer by process of elimination, played a prank on Qrow. He had never seen a school uniform before, so they told him that the girl's uniform skirt was actually a kilt. When Qrow appeared in class, then-Teacher's Assistant Peter Port had to leave and privately laugh. Later, Qrow had to publicly work on his landing strategy while wearing the skirt, a memory Taiyang would find hilarious for years. Taiyang also claims that this prank did Qrow a favor as it helped him catch the positive attention of girls in the school.
According to Raven, Team STRQ got away with more than they should have and were given more difficult missions by Ozpin, similar to that of Team RWBY.
Following the team's dissolution, Summer actively worked as a Huntress and raised a family with Taiyang up until her death on a mission; Taiyang became a teacher at Signal Academy; Raven returned to the bandit tribe that raised her and Qrow and eventually became its leader; Qrow temporarily became a teacher at Signal and actively worked in Ozpin's group.
- Following the Color Naming Rule, the team name is intended to evoke the phrase "stark white".
- All of the members of STRQ are related to Ruby Rose and/or Yang Xiao Long:
- Summer is Ruby's mother and Yang's step-mother.
- Taiyang is their father.
- Raven is Yang's mother.
- Qrow is Yang's biological uncle and Ruby's honorary uncle.
- They share a similar color scheme to Team RWBY:
- Two members of both teams are biologically related:
- Qrow and Raven are twin siblings.
- Ruby and Yang are half-sisters.