The following states the rules which are to be adhered to on the RWBY Wiki Chat. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please click here. Please note that these policies are frequently updated.
Chat moderators reserve the right to ban or kick any user who does not abide by the rules or if the moderator determines that the user may be harmful to the wiki or the chat in some way.
Please note that users of administrator and bureaucrat status are automatically given chat moderator status, and reserve just as much rights on chat as any chat moderator. The following is a list of users with chat moderator status or higher:
Chat moderators are asked to give fair warnings to users about their behavior when appropriate. Chat moderators must explain to the user why they are being kicked prior to kicking them from chat if warnings about the specific behavior have not already been given.
When banning a user, moderators must clearly specify the reason for the ban in the ban summary. In incidents where chat and/or its users are significantly disrupted and/or threatened, such as, but not limited to, an invasion, large volumes of spam making conversation difficult, or multiple links to malware or sexual content, moderators are permitted to take immediate action to remove or stop the offender.
On the occasion that a user may think that the behavior of a chat moderator is inappropriate, please take screenshots showing the situation and contact an administrator or bureaucrat for them to deal with. Possible chat moderator status abuses include, but are not limited to:
- Kick/Banning/Harassing a user for difference in opinion or beliefs
- Kick/Banning/Harassing a user for no valid reason
- Unfairly threatening users about behavior/making unfair demands
If a chat moderator is determined to be abusing their powers, they must formally apologize to the user and, in some cases, a nomination for their removal may be opened.
1. Undefined Circumstances
- Chat moderators reserve the right to add temporary rules or take action in a situation not covered by the RWBY Wiki Chat Policy. When doing so, the action taken must always be justified and explainable, should an administrator investigate the situation.
2. Age Requirement
- Only users of ages 13 and above may enter chat. Any user determined to be under the age of 13 will be banned until they reach the minimum requirement.
- The direct targeting of an individual user on the basis of their race, age, gender, religion, interests, sociological factors (spelling, grammar, intellect), psychological state (mental illnesses) or physical appearance is deemed as harassment.
- This covers the threats of violence, legal actions and the use of media to harass the individual. The act of getting users to gang-up on or mob the harassed individual is also prohibited.
- Teasing a user is accepted however the distinction between harassment and good-natured banter is drawn when the user asks the other to stop.
- Abusing a user's ping phrases also falls within these boundaries. Ping phrases are usually intended for giving a user an audio/text alert in the Chat. Spamming pings will continuously generate audio alerts for the user and can constitute harassment if the user asks for it to end and said request is not followed.
4. Civil Behavior
- All users are expected to keep a civil manner when in chat and to keep profanities to a minimum. If a user shows exceptional disrespect or makes an abusive usage of words, please report it to a chat moderator immediately to deal with the situation.
- All users must show respect to one another. Abuse and insults will not be tolerated. Do not interrupt or disrespect a member of staff while they are in the process of enforcing policies.
5. Chat Disturbances
- Chat moderators reserve the right to immediately take action if they see a user to be excessively spamming, trolling or flaming. This includes, but is not limited to, flooding the chat with external links, over-use of capital letters, posting long walls of text (3+ lines), spamming the AFK button or spamming a certain phrase.
6. Sexual Content
- No explicit sexual or erotic content is to be posted on the public chat, including, but not limited to: images, sites, roleplays and videos. Any violation of this rule may lead to immediate banning without warning. Sending users links to pornographic material via PM is acceptable, provided that the user agrees to it beforehand. Conversations which contain sexual content (including, but not limited to: licking, and other acts that are either sexual or disturbing in nature) are strictly forbidden. If a user feels uncomfortable about a sexual based topic they are to contact a moderator who will assess the situation.
- Linking to certain types of content is prohibited in public chat. This prohibited content includes, but is not limited to: excessive gore and violence, "shock" or "screamer" sites, illegal content, malware and any other content forbidden by other chat policies. Users are asked to avoid using link shorteners such as bit.ly as they hide the actual destination of the link. However, certain links do require shortening as they would be excessively long otherwise, in this case, avoid monetized link shorteners. If a user you do not trust posts a link you are unsure of, it may be wise to avoid clicking it. If you are linking an image from Google, click "View Image" to link to the image itself, rather than the Google link.
- Please note that promoting illegal activities by explicitly naming websites or giving instructions on how to access illegal content, is also heavily discouraged, even if direct links are not provided. Moderators may use their discretion to determine whether or not a discussion fits this criteria.
- Please note that enabling illegal activities by explicitly promoting websites by name, or otherwise giving instructions on how to access illegal content, is also heavily discouraged, even if direct links are not provided. Moderators may use their discretion to determine whether or not a discussion fits this criteria.
8. Chat Games
- Chat Games are a fun way to pass the time. Such games include "hit the person above you" or "say the first word that pops into your head after reading the previous word". These games are usually allowed, however, if the activity becomes out of hand, moderators may cease the game.
- Roleplaying is also perfectly acceptable, as long the content is not overly disruptive, sexual, or otherwise disturbing. Any roleplay that may violate these rules or disrupt chat will asked to be taken to PM immediately, otherwise it will not be permitted to continue.
9. Chat Topics
- Conversations discussing religion, politics, gender, sexuality, or race must be kept in order by all users.
- If a user feels uncomfortable or offended by a topic in chat then they may ask the discussion to stop or make their opinion known to a moderator who will then assess the situation. If the topic is found to violate any other policies then it must cease immediately or offending users will be removed from chat. Users may continue the topic in PM.
- If a topic is found to be of no violation of any policies then a moderator will ask for chat's majority opinion to determine if the topic will be continued. If the topic is continued the offended user is free to go AFK or leave the chat until the discussion is over.
- Main article: RWBY Wiki:Spoiler Policy
- It is unacceptable to discuss or link newly released episodes until they are released for registered users on Rooster Teeth's site. Doing so will lead to an immediate two hour ban from chat without warning.
11. Cross-wiki Incidents
- Actions such as mobbing another chat or encouraging users to do so is prohibited. It is highly advised that users do not link other chats in main, as this can lead to large invasions even if not intended. Any actions done to another wiki, or by another wiki to this wiki are to be immediately reported to a moderator or administrator to handle. In addition, personal issues with other wikis are to be kept to an absolute minimum.
- If another wiki causes an incident with this wiki, do not go to their wiki to seek revenge or to investigate. Please allow for a moderator or administrator to assess the situation themselves.
- Any account found to be a "sockpuppet", such as, but not limited to, a second account to avoid a ban or warning, shall be banned indefinitely from chat. All users are asked to report sockpuppet accounts and the user who created them to a moderator or administrator so that they can take further action needed.
- Keep in mind that any action or behavior prohibited by Wikia policies or Staff is also prohibited in the RWBY Wiki Chat.