- For the team of the same name, see RWBY (team).
|Created by||Monty Oum|
|Written by||Kerry Shawcross, Miles Luna, Monty Oum|
|Music by||Jeff Williams|
|Original Run||July 5th, 2013 - Present|
|Release Time||Thursdays, 5pm for Rooster Teeth Sponsors, 7pm for Public|
|Running Time||4-16 minutes|
RWBY is an acronym made from the first letters of Red, White, Black, Yellow - which corresponds to each main character's "color". Ruby was the first character of these four to be revealed in the series, with Weiss being the second, Blake the third and Yang the fourth.
The first episode of the series premiered live at RTX 2013 (July 5-7th, 2013 in Austin, Texas). All subsequent episodes are released every Thursday at 7 PM EST for the general public on the Rooster Teeth website. They also upload an episode to YouTube at the same time, but the episode uploaded is the one before the episode on their main site. The series was also simulcast on Crunchyroll. The DVDs and Blu-rays of the first volume were released on November 12th, 2013.
It was revealed by Gray Haddock on January 30th, 2014 that production on RWBY Volume 2 was underway and that the first episode would premiere at RTX 2014 (July 4-6th, Austin, Texas). It seems as though that the animation will be improved due to Monty's new character models.
It was also revealed that only 12 episodes would be released in the volume rather than the 16 that were released for Volume 1, but each episode will be 12 minutes long due to complaints about episodes being too short.
- The first footage of the show was seen on November 5th, 2012 when a trailer featuring Ruby was shown at the end of the Red vs Blue Season 10 Finale.
- Before writing the show, creator Monty Oum gave the writers, Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross, some "anime homework" to watch. One of said anime was Gurren Lagann.
- In the "Red" Trailer, it is heavily implied that Ruby has at least one dead parent (Ruby was shown at a gravestone).
- Monty Oum has confirmed that the characters are not based on fairy tale characters, but instead just allude to or reference them.
- All teams in the RWBYverse are set to a theme, RWBY = colors, JNPR = warriors of the opposite gender to their inspiration, CRDL = birds.
- All teams in the RWBYverse have all four members allude to a color, and the team name must also allude to a color.
- Promotional material at NYCC 2012 has indicated that Rooster Teeth has been teasing RWBY since 10th October 2012.
- On the 10/10/2013 Monty stated on Twitter that "The first RWBY anything to ever go public was handed out exactly one year ago at NYCC". Following this statement the Rooster Teeth Twitter account posted a short message "RWBY Day". From here on the 10th of October was dubbed RWBY Day.
- On completion of the first volume of episodes the first 16 episodes were released on DVD and Blu-ray.