- If you are looking for the team sharing the same name, see RWBY (team).
|Created by||Monty Oum|
|Written by||Kerry Shawcross, Miles Luna, Monty Oum|
|Music by||Jeff Williams|
|Original Run||5th July 2013 - Present|
|Release Time||Thursdays, 5pm for RoosterTeeth Sponsors, 7pm for Public|
|Running Time||4-16 minutes|
RWBY (pronounced Ruby ) is an original, western anime-style web series created by Monty Oum and produced by Rooster Teeth Productions. The first trailer was released on November 7th, 2012, showing "Red" Ruby fighting against a large pack of Beowolves. The second trailer was released on February 14th, 2013, showing "White" Weiss singing in front of a crowd and having a flashback to a fight with a Giant suit of Armor. The third trailer was released on March 22nd, 2013, showing "Black" Blake and her partner, Adam, raiding a cargo train and fighting mechanical soldiers and a large security droid. The fourth and final trailer was released on June 1st, 2013, showing "Yellow" Yang searching for information about someone at a club, then fighting Junior Xiong and his henchmen.
RWBY is an acronym made from the first letters of Red, White, Black, Yellow - which corresponds to each main character's "color" . Ruby was the first character of these four to be revealed in the series, with Weiss being the second, Blake the third and Yang the fourth.
The first episode of the series premiered live at RTX 2013 (July 5-7, 2013 in Austin, Texas).  All subsequent episodes are released every Thursday at 7 PM EST for the general public on the Rooster Teeth website. They also upload an episode to Youtube at the same time, but the episode uploaded is the one before the episode on their main site.
- The first footage of the show was seen on November 5th, 2012 when a trailer featuring Ruby was shown at the end of the Red vs Blue Season 10 Finale.
- Before writing the show, creator Monty Oum gave the writers, Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross, some "anime homework" to watch. One of said anime was Gurren Lagann. 
- In the Red trailer, it is heavily implied that Ruby has at least one dead parent (Ruby at a gravestone).
- Monty Oum has confirmed that the characters are not based on fairy tale characters, but instead just allude to or reference them. 
- According to an interview with Oum, the four main girls will form a team (appropriately named RWBY) and attend a school where they will be encountering various other "teams".
- All teams in the RWBYverse are set to a theme, RWBY = colors , JNPR = Historical crossdressers, CRDL = Birds
- During the pre-show livestream of RWBY, it was mentioned that there will be ten chapters (episodes) that will be broken into sixteen parts of various lengths, with the show taking a mid-season break.
- Once the first season has finished, Roosterteeth will release it on DVD.
- Promotional material at NYCC 2012 has indicated that Rooster Teeth has been teasing RWBY since 10th October 2012. 
- On the 10/10/2013 Monty Oum stated on Twitter that "The first RWBY anything to ever go public was handed out exactly one year ago at NYCC". Following this statement the Rooster Teeth Twitter account posted a short message "RWBY Day". From here on the 10th of October was dubbed RWBY Day.