- For the team of the same name, see RWBY (team).
|Created by||Monty Oum|
|Written by||Kerry Shawcross, Miles Luna, Monty Oum|
|Music by||Jeff Williams|
|Original Run||July 5th, 2013–Present|
|Release Time||Thursdays, 3pm for Rooster Teeth Sponsors, 6:30pm for Rooster Teeth members without sponsorship, 7pm for Public|
|Running Time||4–17 minutes per episode|
There are four released trailers, all of which are detailed below:
RWBY is an acronym made from the first letters of Red, White, Black, Yellow - which corresponds to each main character's "color." Ruby was the first character of these four to be revealed in the series, with Weiss being the second, Blake the third and Yang the fourth.
The first episode of the series premiered live at RTX 2013 (July 5–7th, 2013 in Austin, Texas). All subsequent episodes are released every Thursday at 7 PM EST for the general public on the Rooster Teeth website. They also upload an episode to YouTube at the same time, but the episode uploaded is the one before the episode on their main site. The series was also simulcast on Crunchyroll. The DVDs and Blu-rays of the first volume were released on November 12th, 2013.
It was revealed by Gray Haddock on January 30th, 2014 that production on RWBY Volume 2 was underway and that the first episode would premiere at RTX 2014 (July 4–6th, Austin, Texas). It seems as though that the animation will be improved due to Monty's new character models.
It was also revealed that only 12 episodes would be released in the volume rather than the 16 that were released for Volume 1, but each episode will be at least 12 minutes long due to complaints about episodes being too short.
Monty confirmed at PAX Prime 2014 that there would be a RWBY Volume 3. Its release date and schedule will most likely follow that of RWBY Volumes 1 and 2.
RWBY: World of Remnant
- Main article: RWBY: World of Remnant
RWBY: World of Remnant is an ongoing mini-series, which first premiered on August 21st, 2014. The series itself also serves as a form of history, primarily focusing on how the kingdoms were formed. The first episode documents Dust, including its uses, functions and variants. More episodes are inbound in the future.
- Before writing the show, creator Monty gave the writers, Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross, some "anime homework" to watch. One of said anime was Gurren Lagann.
- Monty confirmed that the characters are not based on fairy tale characters, but rather just allude to or reference them.
- All teams in RWBY are set to a theme, RWBY = fairytales, JNPR = warriors of the opposite gender to their inspiration, CRDL = birds.
- All team names follow Monty's color naming rule, just like the characters' names. This means that a team name has to be a color, mean a color, sound like a color, or make people think of a color.
- Promotional material at NYCC 2012 has indicated that Rooster Teeth has been teasing RWBY since October 10, 2012.
- On the October 10, 2013 Monty stated on Twitter that "The first RWBY anything to ever go public was handed out exactly one year ago at NYCC". Following this statement, the Rooster Teeth Twitter account posted a short message "RWBY Day". From then on, the 10th of October was dubbed "RWBY Day."
- In the Red vs Blue episode "Along Came a Spider", the letters "JNPR" and "RWBY" can be seen above Malcom Hargrove's screen.