Ozpin is a middle-aged man with tousled gray hair and thin brown eyes. He wears shaded glass spectacles and a dark-green scarf with a small purple cross-shaped emblem on it. He wears an unzipped black suit over a black-buttoned vest, with a green undershirt underneath.
He also wears black trouser shoes and long, dark-green pants. Interestingly, Ozpin has black eyebrows, suggesting that he may have had black hair when he was younger. He is often seen with a mug bearing the Beacon Academy emblem on it.
Ozpin is typically both stoic and affable towards people he speaks to. It can be inferred from his indifference toward Ruby fighting Roman Torchwick and the way he literally launches new students into the Emerald Forest for the Beacon Academy Initiation that he has no problem for the most part with putting them in mortal danger given the right reasons or to accomplish something.
He is humble, admitting that he has made many mistakes in the past. In addition, Ozpin possesses a more caring side, comforting Ruby and assuring her that her appointment as team leader is not a mistake.
He can also be very blunt, as shown when Jaune Arc asks him questions about the launch. According to Ruby and Yang Xiao Long in Episode 3, Ozpin did not seem himself while giving his speech to the incoming students, implying that he may usually be livelier than he was at the time.
Abilities & Powers
Though nothing about Ozpin's physical capabilities are known, his weapon of choice appears to either be a sword or his cane has been weaponized. During the ending credits of Episode 9, a handguard of sorts can be seen.
- Ozpin was originally going to be voiced by Monty Oum.
- He seems familiar with Crescent Rose as he seemed surprised that someone as young as Ruby Rose could wield it, citing it as "one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed."
- Given Ruby's statement that she designed Crescent Rose, he was likely referring to scythes in general.
- His name could be a reference to the titular character from The Wizard of Oz. The color of his clothes could also reference the Emerald City from the aforementioned story.
- Also of interesting note is that the Wizard's name, Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Digg, acronyms as OZPINHEAD which may be what Ozpin's name and position of Headmaster is based on.