"Cinder Who?" consists of four shorts:
- "Friend Forever" - Ruby Rose tells Weiss she got them friendship bracelets but then locks them both in handcuffs.
- "Letter to Winter" - Weiss writes a letter to Winter Schnee about the formation of Team RWBY but has trouble coming up with anything positive to say about her eccentric team leader, Ruby.
- "Checkmate" - Ruby and Yang Xiao Long play chess. When Ruby declares "Checkmate", Weiss and Blake Belladonna burst into the room with their weapons at the ready, confusing it with the code name for their team attack.
- "Cinder Who?" - Ruby forgets Cinder's last name, leading to a number of visual puns, including Cinder "Mall" (Cinder shops for casual clothes at a mall), Cinder "Falls" (Cinder falls down a flight of stairs as Mercury laughs), Cinder "Doll" (Mercury and Emerald play with a sock puppet of Cinder), Cinder "Stalls" (Cinder tries to stall Junior Detectives Sun Wukong and Neptune Vasilias while the rest of her team hides her evil plans), Cinder "Lols" (Cinder laughs at Mercury and Emerald falling down the stairs) and Cinder "Bawls" (Cinder cries as world peace is achieved and the good guys frolic about happily).
In a space of pure whiteness, the giant blocky title and a certain rose emblem drop from the sky to the ground, where the four miniaturized members of Team RWBY pop out from behind it to smile, wave and adopt poses for the audience while an unseen speaker announces the show as: "RWBY CHIBI"!
Ruby: Weiss, Weiss! Look! I got us friendship bracelets!
Weiss: (sighing and without looking up) Alright Ruby, put it here.
She extends her hand. Ruby immediately locks them both into handcuffs and sticks her tongue out at Weiss, shaking and smirking.
Weiss is in the Team RWBY dorm room, penning a letter to her sister.
Weiss: (voice over) My dearest Winter. My time at Beacon is going well thus far. Unfortunately, I was not selected to be Team Leader. But worry not. Our team has a capable leader at the helm. She's...
Ruby: Well, come on, boy! Come on, boy! Get the chicken! Get the chicken! (makes chicken noises)
Weiss: Hmm? (voice over) ...interesting. She's also...
Ruby: Hey, Weiss!
Weiss turns to see Zwei with the chicken and Ruby holding a large chocolate chip cookie.
Ruby: Wanna see me eat this cookie through my nose? Check it out! (makes grunts of effort)
Weiss returns to writing the letter.
Weiss: (voice over) a person.
There's a loud sound of something abruptly crunching.
At the kitchen table, Ruby and Yang play a game of chess, both of them silently concentrating. Ruby makes a move.
Yang: Good game.
Blake and Weiss burst into the room with their weapons at the ready, causing tables to shake and a billboard to fall off the wall. Weiss and Blake pant while looking around for danger.
Yang: We really need to rename that move.
Ruby: (sighing) Yeah.
Weiss is doing work at her desk when Ruby kicks in the dorm door.
Ruby: (while Weiss is screaming from being loudly startled) Weiss!
Weiss: Will you please stop doing that?!
Ruby: That upperclassman from Haven wants to hang out!
Weiss: Cinder... Cinder... Doesn't ring a bell. What's her last name?
Ruby: Oh! Uh... um, hmm... What was it?
A silent movie scene label cuts in, reading: CINDER MALL.
Cinder: This is something young people wear, right?
Emerald: (unarticulated) Idunno.
A silent movie scene label cuts in, reading: CINDER FALLS.
Cinder is on her back at the bottom of some stairs while at the top Emerald and Mercury laugh.
Cinder: Stop laughing and help me!
A silent movie scene label cuts in, reading: CINDER DOLL.
In the kitchen, a sock puppet with an outfit similar to Cinder's usual moves as though talking.
Mercury: (high-pitched) All part of our nefarious plan.
A zoom out reveals Emerald in a cushy armchair with Mercury perched on the back of it animating the sock puppet.
A silent movie scene label cuts in, reading: CINDER STALLS.
Mercury, Emerald, and Neopolitan try to shove a dry-erase board with their evil plan into an overflowing closet. Junior Detectives Sun Wukong and Neptune Vasilias are trying to get past Cinder at the dorm room door.
Neptune: Cinder, we just need to check your dorm for evil plans.
Emerald tosses the Kitten Killer 9000 and Melodic Cudgel into the closet.
Cinder: Are you sure those were scheduled for today?
Sun: We don't notify students when we're trying to bust 'em.
Cinder: But we're exchange students.
Sun: Doesn't matter.
Cinder: Man, this, uh, weather's crazy, right?
Neptune: Move out of the way.
Cinder: (to Sun) You know, your abs look great today.
In the room, Neopolitan aims the Death Ray at Sun and Neptune.
Sun: Cinder, please!
A silent movie scene label cuts in, reading: CINDER LOLS.
Mercury and Emerald are splayed at the bottom of the same stairs from earlier, groaning while Cinder laughs from the top.
A silent movie scene label cuts in, reading: CINDER BAWLS.
In the Beacon Main Avenue protagonists laugh and celebrate in general good cheer under a banner that reads WORLD PEACE ACHIEVED. Nora and Jaune laugh together. Ruby swings Zwei around. The Shopkeep sweeps. Ren and Pyrrha shake hands. Sun runs holding Neptune up in the air. Weiss, Blake, and Yang hold hands and skip.
Roman Torchwick grunts disappointedly while Mercury pats him on the back. Emerald and Neopolitan watch them sadly. Cinder clings to a lamppost. She bangs it with her fist and falls to the ground, emoting misery.
Cinder: No! My nefarious plans! Oh, ho-ho, no!
Back in the RWBY dorm room, Ruby gives up trying to think of Cinder's surname.
Ruby: Uh... I don't know. It's like Cinder Autumn or something.
Weiss: Well, too bad. I'm studying.
- All of the shorts in this episode were based directly on fan-made comics. The original artists of the comics are given story and writing credits on the episode.
- Weiss is canonically left-handed, so she appropriately writes with her left hand in "Letter to Winter".
- However, Weiss uses her right hand to wield her rapier in "Checkmate".
- A box of Dust, a teddy bear, the whiteboard of evil plans, Kitten Killer 9000 rocket launcher, Roman's cane and Neo's death ray all appear in the background of the Cinder Stalls segment of "Cinder Who?".
- In the Cinder Mall segment of "Cinder Who?", Cinder is shown shopping at a store called Always 17, which appears to be a reference to the real clothing store Forever 21.
- Additionally, the outfit that Cinder is holding is the same outfit that she wears during the tournament.
- The song that plays during "Cinder Who?" is named "Cinder ________?". Composer Alex Abraham had released the track on his SoundCloud for free public streaming.
- Main article: Cinder Who?/Image Gallery