"Bike Race" consists of three shorts:
- "Bike Race" - In a street race refereed by Blake Belladonna, Yang Xiao Long rides her motorcycle and Ruby Rose rides in a cart pulled by Zwei. Both sisters make fun of Weiss Schnee when she joins on a pink tricycle. However, just before the race begins, Weiss freezes both Yang and Ruby's vehicles with Myrtenaster and pedals off to victory.
- "Stand Up Yang" - Yang's pun-filled stand-up routine does not receive a warm reception. Sun Wukong upstages her with his heckling, and Yang gets dumped down a trapdoor.
- "Jaune Ennui" - Ruby inexplicably walks in with a Beowolf stuck to her cape after a long day filled with adventure, excitement and many hijinks. Jaune Arc laments that he feels like a "supporting character" to Blake, who obliviously confuses him with Sun.
In a space of pure whiteness, the giant blocky title and a certain rose emblem drop from the sky to the ground, where the four miniaturized members of Team RWBY pop out from behind it to smile, wave and adopt poses for the audience while an unseen speaker announces the show as: "RWBY CHIBI"!
Blake: Drivers, are you ready?
Yang Xiao Long revs up her motorcycle. Ruby Rose sits in a red pull-cart decorated with hot-rod flame stickers. She carrries a fishing rod with a dog bone dangling from the end, with Zwei puling the cart.
Ruby: Let's do this!
Weiss rolls up, riding a pretty pink tricycle.
Weiss: I, too, am ready to race.
Ruby and Yang pause and look at each other for a moment, then burst out in hysterical laughter.
Yang: Where'd you get that thing? Your grandma?
Weiss: As a matter of fact, yes. This was Nana Schnee's favorite bike. She called it "Stardust".
Ruby and Yang try to contain their laughter, but burst out into hysterics again.
Ruby: I wish you could see how dumb you look! (the hot-rod stickers on the side of Ruby's cart begin to peel off) Oh no, my stickies! (quickly re-sticks the stickers to her cart)
Yang: Well I hope Nana taught you to lose, princess. 'Cause you don't have the horsepower.
Weiss: I have plenty of horses, thank you.
Blake: Enough chatter! Let's race! On your marks, get set, go!
As Ruby and Yang get ready to race, Weiss pulls out Myrtenaster and jabs the ground. Ice erupts from the ground below Yang and Ruby's vehicles, freezing them securely in place.
Yang: What and how?!
Ruby: No fair! I was gonna be so fast... and yet now, I am just furious!
Weiss slowly pedals away as Blake laughs in the background.
Weiss: Stardust awaaay!
Zwei: Woof woof!
Ruby and Yang pause for a moment, then begin struggle to get free from the ice, to no avail.
Yang: Did you hear about the teacher at Beacon who wears an eye patch? I heard they had to let him go. Turns out he only had one "pupil"! (laughs to herself)
The audience groans unenthusiastically. Zwei whimpers.
Jaune : Ouch.
Yang: Hey everyone! Don't forget the tournament starts next week! It's "vital" we all do our best! As in, the Vytal Tournament? (audience groans again) Hello? This is on, right?
Yang: So... (points at Blake) My roommate Blake was coughing up hairballs all night. We thought it was a "cat"astrophe, (Blake groans and shakes her head) but now she's "feline" much better!
Jaune and Ren boo and jeer while Sun blinks and looks very uncomfortable.
Jaune: Get off the stage!
Sun: (hurriedly standing up) I just remembered! I'm supposed to be, uh... Not here.
Ren: (grabbing on firmly to Sun's monkey tail) If we have to sit through this, so do you.
Yang: I'm the main act, people. This is as good as it gets!
Sun: This is worse than Ozpin throwing new students off a cliff!
The audience titters and Sun stands on his table.
Sun: Right? I mean what's he gonna do when they graduate? Set them on fire?! (audience laughs)
Yang: No, don't listen to him! You! (points at Sun) Stop being funny!
Sun: How about you start being funny!
The audience laughs again.
Yang: Wait, wait, wait. You haven't heard about that time I, uh... bought a Nevermore! Yeah! It was a pretty "Grimm" situation!
The audience boos again.
Yang: (posing) Out with a Yang! (a trap door opens up beneath Yang and she falls through the floor)
Jaune and Blake sit reading quietly in a common room. Ruby walks in, dragging a Beowolf clinging onto her cape behind her.
Jaune: Umm, Ruby? Did you know you have some–
Ruby: (stops walking) Yeah, I know. Long story.
Jaune: Yeah, looks like a long story. Pretty good one I bet. Full of adventure.
Ruby: Oh, yeah.
Ruby: So many hijinks.
Jaune: Yup, yup, yup! Good stuff, good stuff.
Ruby: Yeah, well, uh. I, uh... I gotta go deal with this. So, uh... See ya.
Ruby walks off, leaving Jaune and Blake alone.
Jaune: (turns to Blake) Blake, do you ever get the feeling that you're, I dunno, just a supporting character in life? That other people are having all the cool adventures?
Jaune: (sighs) Must be just me, then.
Blake: Don't worry about it, Sun.
Jaune: ...Sun? I'm Jaune.
Blake: Yeah. No. Of course. I'm just kidding.
Ruby suddenly gets thrown flying into the shot with Crescent Rose amongst growling sounds from the Beowolf offscreen.
Ruby: Oh no! Too much adventure! Oh boy! Aww, this is gonna get crazy! Plot progression! It's happening, right now!
Plates, potted plants and Zwei are sent flying through the room by Ruby and the Beowolf's commotion.
Blake: (unphased by the chaos) Are you sure you're not the one with the monkey tail?
Jaune pauses and looks directly into the camera.
- "Bike Race" and "Jaune Ennui" were both RWBY Chibi shorts previewed exclusively at the theatrical release of Volume 2 movie screenings on July 27th, 2016.
- Weiss mentions her grandmother, "Nana Schnee" and her tricycle, "Stardust". While no mention of her grandmother is made in RWBY, canonically her grandfather is known to be the founder of the Schnee Dust Company.
- The book Jaune is reading in "Jaune Ennui" is called Another Pun.
- Ruby's line in "Bike Race", "I was going to be so fast! And yet now, I am just furious." is a reference to the Fast and Furious action-racing movie series.
- Yang making puns is an overt reference to her voice actor, Barbara Dunkelman, who is well known for making bad puns.
- This episode includes a remix of "This Will Be the Day" called the "Friendship is Semblance" remix. Composer Alex Abraham had released the track on his SoundCloud for free public streaming.
- When Sun jokes "This is worse than Ozpin throwing new students off a cliff", this is a reference to "The First Step" when the headmaster literally launches them off into the Emerald Forest.
- Main article: /Image Gallery