Throughout the production of a series, a lot goes on behind the scenes in regards to planning and design, which often go through multiple stages before resulting in the final version that is seen on screen. Some concepts and ideas can have an effect on the show and characters, and unexpected occurrences during production can also lead to changes and additions to the plans for the show.
Adam Taurus alludes to the Beast from Beauty and the Beast. This allusion has had the following influences on the character and show:
- In the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast, the Beast/Prince's name is Adam.
- His emblem is a wilting rose. In the fairy tale, the curse placed on the Beast would become permanent when the wilting rose he possessed lost its last petal.
Adam's emblem is a wilting rose, which Monty Oum described as "wilt". This emblem appears on two of his possessions:
- Original battle outfit - the back of his coat
- Blush - on the side of the rifle's barrel
- Timeskip battle outfit - On the back of his shirt
This version of his model appears to be wearing a black short-sleeved shirt, a pair of black gloves and black boots with gray soles. His black pants have straps around the legs - two around the left leg, one around the right. The higher strap on the left leg has three kunai on it. Strapped to his back is a plate that has his sword's sheath attached to it. A white mask covers the upper half of his face, and his spiky hair is bright red. He appears to be wielding a weapon that is made up of a rifle with a short barrel and a sword blade running alongside the barrel. This weapon appears to glow yellow when he uses an attack that produces fire.
- After Volume 3, Rooster Teeth changed animation software from Poser Pro 2013 to Autodesk Maya. With this change, the animation department also made all new models for RWBY. Adam's horns were redone to more closely resemble horns.